It might not have been my first choice but I am moving back to Coquitlam, North Coquitlam to be precise. The location itself is pretty good, close to all kinds of shops as there is quite a few strip malls within walking distance as well as a very large shopping centre. I am within walking distance of a large park and small lake, Douglas college and an aquatic centre. But most importantly I am within walking distance of where my children live making it easier for us all to see each other.
The unit I took is a large one bedroom apartment with a big balcony and I am looking forward to being able to barbecue once again. The kitchen has slightly less cupboard space than I would like due to some funky openings between the kitchen and the living room but I will make it work.
There is a decent amount of storage in the unit that should afford me the opportunity to finally get rid of the extra expense of the storage locker. There will be a few things I need to get rid of such as my window screens and the old tires for my car but that is OK as I am tired of logging this stuff around.
I am locked in for a year at this new place and I am paying slightly more than I would like to but all in all I am looking forward to getting out of down-town Haney.
It was about this time last year when I decided to exorcize a curiosity by taking up residency in a small apartment above a store front. I am not sure where this curiosity came from but I have always wondered what it would be like to live over a business in a “down-town” type location. Curious no more.
Within the first few weeks of my moving in someone was murdered across the street from me, close enough to bring the police to my door canvassing the neighbourhood. It only took a few days for the RCMP to get their man, or men in this case, which is good but all the down-town living fun didn’t end there.
Before too long I started to notice the pattern of late night activity from the pizzeria across the street. Nothing too crazy unless you consider people tossing a football across a 4 lane highway at 5 in the morning to be crazy.
Any way it turned out that the late night partying in my little concrete canyon was a constant that forced my bedroom window to be closed while I slept. For most of the year this loss of fresh air at night hasn’t been too much of a concern accept during the summer.
For some strange reason the owners of this building have two exposed walls that are tarred black and not whitewashed and typically these two walls grab all of the morning and evening sun and thus, super-heating my apartment.
With no balcony to escape the heat or in which to barbecue foods I was somewhat forced to endure a rather long, sweaty and uncomfortable summer. I seriously considered moving in the fall but seeing as I already went through the worst of the year’s record breaking heat waves I figured that there was no rush. Besides my rental agreement gave me free electricity so I figured I concluded that I would ride out the winter and just move in the spring.
Yesterday I gave my written notice to vacate this my personal hell in Haney.
Your father probably told you a few things, but just in case he wasn’t around enough, here are some words of wisdom you might have missed out on:
- Buy high quality tools, so you only have to buy them once.
- Keep a change of clothes at the office.
- Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
- Every hat should serve a purpose.
- Never take her to the movies on the first date.
- Learn to wet shave.
- Nothing looks more badass than a well-tailored suit.
- Shave with the grain on the first go-around.
- Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.
- Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
- Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift, and play sports.
- Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
- A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.
- Call Mom and Dad every week.
- Never wear a clip-on tie.
- Give a firm handshake.
- Compliment her shoes.
- Never leave a pint unfinished.
- If you aren’t confident, fake it. It will come around.
- You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bother him.
- Be conscious of your body language.
- The only reason to ever point a gun at someone is if you intend to shoot them. Period.
- Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
- Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
- Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
- Never have sex with anyone that doesn’t want it as much as you.
- Go for women out of your league. You may end up surprised.
- Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well.
- Go with the decision that will make for a good story.
- When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.
- Nice guys don’t finish last, boring guys do.
- Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
- Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
- No matter their job or status, everyone deserves your respect.
- The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen; it’s your job to overcome them.
- The first one to get angry loses.
- A man does what needs to be done without complaining.
- Never stop learning.
- Always go out into public dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
- Don’t change yourself just to make someone happy.
- If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
- Luck favors the prepared.
- Women find confidence sexy as hell.
- Do whatever you want to do, but be the best at it.
- No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work.
After close to ten years of giving out 100% free football predictions across the board in the NFL coupled with a healthy spattering of college football games week in and week out we are hanging up or prognosticator hats. We will also discontinue offering fantasy football advice as well. It isn’t a case of not enjoying the sport or the competition offered by fantasy football but rather it is just time to move on.
Originally LuckyLester.com started as a two part hobby; one for Bryan to showcase his extraordinary football knowledge and love for writing and two my need to test how Google performed when applying their guidelines for ranking in their search engines. For the most part the search giant acted as prescribed until they started employing human raters; after that the human factor just seemed to screw everything up but more on all of that later for those of you who are interested in Internet marketing.
A couple of season ago Bryan, our head football guy, decided to finish his education and went back to school to become an educator to which I am happy to report he succeeded. During this time Bryan also started a family and had his first child with his lovely wife. As you can imagine a new wife, child and career consumed most of his time and something had to give and sadly that came in the form of his available time. Rather than just go through the motions of producing fewer picks with greatly reduced analysis we simply decided that it was time to close down the service.
On behalf of Bryan, Papa Weimer, myself and everyone else connected to LuckyLester.com I want to thank you all for using our predictions and advice and hope that we have helped you in some way. We enjoyed reading your emails and questions over the years and can say with complete honesty that we did enjoy producing this content. At this time I am not sure where this site will go but I can safely say that there will no longer be any football content published on it. In the future should Bryan decide to put pen to paper again regarding football I will place a link to it on this site.
Until then please join with me in thanking Bryan, Papa and everybody else involved for all their hard work and sports opinions over the years and wish them well in the future endeavours.